© St. Alban’s Church, West Leigh. Made With Serif WebPlus.
The Parish of St Alban’s West Leigh, is committed to the support, nurture, protection and safeguarding of all, especially the young and vulnerable so that all are able to worship and travel on their faith journey in safety.
We follow the national legal and procedural framework for safeguarding children and adults, and Church of England policy and practice. More information can be found here.
If you have any questions or concerns then please contact one of the following:
St Alban’s West Leigh Safeguarding Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Priest in Charge at email@example.com or 023 9307 6871
The Church of England Portsmouth Diocese safeguarding contacts can be contacted directly here.
Our safeguarding policy can be found here.
Further help and guidance
• NSPCC for adults concerned about a child - 0808 800 5000
• Childline for children and young people - 0800 1111
• Action on Elder Abuse helpline - 0808 808 8141
• 24-hour National Domestic Violence helpline - 0808 2000 247
• NAPAC offer support and advice to adult survivors of childhood abuse - 08088010331
• Stop It Now preventing child sexual abuse - 0808 1000 900
• Cruse bereavement helpline - 0808 808 1677
• Family Lives support and advice on family issues - 0808 800 222
• MACSAS for people who have been abused by church officers - 0808 801 0340
• Samaritans for people struggling to cope and needing someone to talk to - 116 123
Some sources of support for victims and families of abuse
THE SURVIVORS TRUST http://thesurvivorstrust.org/